- Text Size +

Starbase 12: Gamma 400 Star System, Federation/Romulan Neutral Zone Border

"Attention please," an announcement echoed through the arrival lounge. "Starfleet Space Mobility Command Flight 8762 from Tellar Prime is now arriving in Bay 6. Checked luggage and cargo may be collected at Baggage Pad 17.

Remember, station security is everyone's responsibility. Please report any suspicious baggage, unauthorized personnel, or non-humanoid alien phenomena to law enforcement personnel immediately. If you 'see something, say something.' Thank You. "

Katie squeaked a little bit as she jumped up from her plastic chair.

"Relax there, Lexington," Daredevil said rolling her eyes. "You just saw him like three weeks ago."

"He's my husband. I love the guy, ok?" Katie said defensively. Annabeth chuckled.

"Did I ever mention how cute you two are?" the captain said cocking her head to the side. Katie blushed as she turned towards the main airlock.

A few minutes later, the doors parted and Phil walked out carrying his Starfleet duffel. He was still dressed in a black flight suit.

"Ahhhhh!" Katie shouted as she ran over and leapt into his arms. Phil grunted and dropped his bag as his wife planted a kiss on his lips. "Hey you," she added with a grin and a wink.

"Hey, Katie Bug," he smiled squeezing her tightly and kissing her again.

"Welcome back, Sab!" Daredevil said slapping him on the shoulder. "Alright, let's see it!"

Phil grinned as he reached into his chest pocket and pulled out his brand new Starfleet ID card. It now proudly displayed the words, ""MASTER FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR CERTIFIED."

"That's what I'm talking about!" Daredevil said happily. "You can finally fill out the paperwork for our next qualification."

"With pleasure, Dee," Phil said.

"Now, I don't want you to get cocky," Daredevil cautioned. "Just because you went and graduated 'Top Gun' doesn't mean you're a better a better pilot than I am. I mean, I got the trophy in my class."

"Right…" Phil smiled and shook his head.

"Though it is true," Daredevil said suddenly pursing her lips. "Trophies don't mean everything…"

Phil looked over. Something in the tone of her voice caught him off guard.

"Godfather still calls me from time to time," she continued innocently. "He had some interesting things to say about you this last chat. To be honest, I'm a little surprised you came back at all …"

Annabeth suddenly looked concerned.

"What exactly do you mean by that, Number One?" she asked furrowing her brow.

"She doesn't mean anything, Ma'am," Phil said pulling Katie close to him again. "I'm right back where I belong now."

His wife rested her head on his shoulder.

"Ok…" Annabeth said nervously changing the subject. "Well, I let you go play with the other fighter pilot kids and you come back still wearing pajamas," she said pointing at his flight suit.

"Don't worry," Phil replied. "My regular uniforms are still in my closet on Lady Blackjack."

"Welcome home, Phil," Annabeth smiled back a bit reassured by his answers. "Well done. I'm glad to have you back behind the helm. Lieutenant Moran just doesn't have your touch."

"Thank you, Ma'am," Phil nodded.

Daredevil grabbed the duffel bag and led the Lexingtons back towards the Pershing. Phil didn't take his arm off Katie the entire time.

"Now," Daredevil continued. "Katie and I were planning on cooking you a traditional English dinner to celebrate your return, but halfway through we realized that English food is terrible. So, we made you enchiladas instead…"

Phil chuckled.

"That's ok. I love Mexican food…"

Annabeth watched them walk away for a few moments. She sighed as she saw a married couple back in each other's arms while happily laughing with an old friend. The captain reached down and started gently rotating her wedding band.

It would be another half a year before she could hold Alex and Max like that. There was no telling the next time that Dan and Laria would be in the same part of the galaxy as her again. She briefly considered asking if there was enough food for her to join the party, but finally accepted that it would be just her and her replicator again that evening…